Scott Leeth, M.D.
For the past 6 years I have practiced family medicine here at Mason Primary Care in Duluth, Georgia. The prior 14 years I practiced family medicine in Cartersville, Georgia with the largest private multispecialty group in the state. For ten of those years I managed 15-30 inpatients every 6-7 weeks for one week at a time. I had full ICU privileges and did most of my own critical care. The past 10 years have been outpatient care only, although I do write initial admission orders for the hospitalist. I have participated in various clinical research in diabetes and hypertension through our clinical research department as well as an independent investigator. I spoke publicly in the Cartersville City School system and in the community for 10 years. Most recently I have spoken publicly for Whole Foods Market on medical nutrition. I recently received my certification in nutrition from the Nutritional Education Institute. I am the first allopathic medical doctor in the nation to be certified under this program created by Joel Fuhrman, MD.
My practice is Hippocratic and intuitive. I enjoy teaching patients how to listen to their own bodies and how to be their own advocates in a confusing medical world. I am a minimalist and practice lifestyle medicine: less doctors, less medicine, better health. "Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food." I attempt to be as scientific as possible but also intuitive and commonsensical.
Mason Primary Care: 2009 to present
3500 McClure Bridge Rd.
Duluth, Ga 30096
Harbin Clinic: 1995-2009
Cartersville, Ga 30120
Emergency Room Physician 1993-1995
- Fox Army Hospital Huntsville, Al.
- Blount Memorial Hospital Oneonta, Al.
- Athens-Limestone Hospital Athens, Al.
Affiliate medical staff Gwinnett Medical Center 2009 to present
Affiliate medical staff Cartersville Medical Center 2008-2009
Active medical staff Cartersville Medical Center 1995-2008
- Health Information Management Committee
- Therapeutics Committee
- Affiliate Staff Formation Committee
Affiliate Staff member Northside Hospital 2013 until present
Harbin Clinic IDP Committee 2002-2004
Investigator Novartis Hypertension Trial 2002
Speakers Bureau Takeda Abbott Pharmaceuticals 2000-2001
Beta Site physician for Allscripts Electronic Medical Record 2002-2009
- Recertification: American Board of Family Practice July 2008
- University of Alabama at Huntsville Family Medicine Residency 1992-1995
- University of Alabama School of Medicine Birmingham, AL 1988-1992
- BS Biology Auburn University 1983-1988, Magna cum laude
- Nicaragua medical mission 1999 and 2000
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Georgia Academy of Family Physicians
- Medical Association of Georgia
- Alabama Physicians for Life
- ACLS certification
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement
- Certified Nutritional Education Trainer
- Life Coaching